The Cate Family update  

Posted by Calvary King's Lynn in , ,



It has been eight months. It seems like just yesterday, but eight busy months have passed since we moved from Kings Lynn. The Lord has done amazing things in and with our family since we left, so we thought it would be a good time to share what has been happening in those eight long months.
Leaving was a very sad decision for us, and it was only because we felt it was the Lord's leading that we were able to make that decision; we prayed very hard that He would give us the strength to make another move across the world, and we saw the Lord clear the way before us. Before we even packed up the house, the Lord provided a job interview for me, so I flew to Boulder, CO to talk with a company about managing a coffee shop; I started work there three days later. I have a friend that I knew moved to CO not too long ago, but wasn't sure where he was living, come to find out it was about 20 minutes from my new job and I was able to stay with him long enough to find an apartment to rent. The Lord also provided a car for me to use through our good friend Alex Spampinato, which was a huge blessing. So in a matter of days, I found a job, a place to stay then a place to live, and a car. What a huge God we serve! Carleigh and the kids joined me soon after, and we have since started settling in to our new life here. The job is still going well, and I enjoy every day. The biggest blessing here though has been our new church. We found a small church in our town called Whitefields Community Church, which is a solid Bible teaching church full of on fire people. We have been able to get involved in childrens ministry, website and graphic design ministry, and setting up for Sunday mornings. We have been blessed getting to know our pastor Pete Nelson, and his family, and look forward seeing how the Lord can use us; simple sinners.
We have been reminded once again about the faithfulness of the Lord. When looking at the possibility of moving from England, we were very sad, and couldn't understand how this could be God's perfect plan for our life; but once again we get to see (even if it's only little by little) God's plan coming together. And even though we still miss all of our dear friends in King's Lynn, we undstand all the better What our Lord says in Isaiah - ""For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways," declares the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts."" (Isaiah 55:8-9)

This entry was posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 at Saturday, April 24, 2010 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment