The Lord never grows weary.  

Posted by Calvary King's Lynn in

“Have you not known? Have you not heard? The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, neither faints nor is weary. His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:28-31

I think if we are all honest with ourselves, we can say that each of us grow weary at some point in our lives. I know I have. But these verses brought such hope to me this week. I looked up the definition for the word weary in the Greek and it means: to be utterly spiritless, to be wearied out, exhausted. How awesome is it to know that our Lord never gets exhausted, or becomes utterly spiritless?
This last week was a rather exhausting week for me. We were struggling a lot financially and I couldn’t understand why the Lord was allowing certain things to happen. And then I found out that my Dad has cancer. It isn’t easy to be away from my family to begin with but then to have to be so far away while my Dad is sick, it’s almost unbearable. I felt I had reached my limit. Part of me wanted to just throw in the towel and go back to be near my Dad but deep down I knew that the Lord had brought me to England and that He would prove Himself faithful even in my weakness.
And He did! The Lord performed miracles. He provided the money we needed to get caught up on our bills. He showed me that He is taking care of both me and my Dad and He confirmed that I am exactly where I need to be. And He did all of it in His perfect timing. I am reminded of Isaiah 55:8, “’For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways’ says the Lord.” Looking back over these last few days I see how the Lord’s plan was perfect and He allowed things to happen in a certain order for a reason. I am so thankful that my God never grows weary.
So I ask you to pray for us, the missionaries this week. Pray that we would not grow weary while doing good. Pray that we would wait on the Lord and He would renew our strength. And pray for the people of King’s Lynn that they would come to know the living Saviour who can give them the strength to “run with endurance the race that is set before them, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the Joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God”. -Hebrews 12:1-2

Carleigh

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 31, 2009 at Sunday, May 31, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment